JK Energy Consulting, LLC is owned by John A. Krajewski, P.E. Mr. Krajewski has over 25 years of experience serving the utility industry. His primary areas of expertise include wholesale and retail rate design, electric resource planning and development, economic analysis, transmission and distribution planning, compliance with North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC) electric reliability standards and contract negotiations.
Some of Mr. Krajewski’s major accomplishments include:
- developing the Cost of Service/Rate Design Study program for the Nebraska Municipal Power Pool (NMPP), which served more than 40 utilities from 2001 through 2008;
- serving as Project Manager for Nebraska’s first utility scale wind farm, the Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska (MEAN) Wind Farm in Kimball, consisting of seven 1.5 MW wind turbine generators and completed in 2002;
- preparing operating budget preparation, wholesale rate design, and long-term financial and rate projections for MEAN from 2000 through 2008;
helping generate more than $100 million in annual operating revenues for MEAN in 2008;
- testifying before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Nebraska Power Review Board, Kansas Corporation Commission and Hawaii Public Utilities;
- serving on commissions on various issues related to transmission access, application for construction of new power supply resources and retail rates; and
- serving customers and clients in 12 states, including municipal utilities, independent power producers, joint action agencies, a state university and a state consumer advocate.
- 1992 to 1996, Power Supply Engineer, Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska (MEAN)
- 1996 to 2000, Consulting Engineer, Sawvel and Associates, Inc.
- 2000 to 2008, Manager, Planning and Engineering, MEAN/NMPP Energy
- 2008 to 2009, Project Manager, JEO Consulting Group, Inc.
- 2009 to Present, President, JK Energy Consulting, LLC
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, University of Nebraska – Lincoln, 1992
- American Public Power Association, Individual Associate Member
- Colorado Association of Municipal Utilities, Affiliated Member
- Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities, Associate Member
- National / Nebraska Society of Professional Engineers
- Mid-Continent Area Power Pool, Design Review Subcommittee, 2002 through 2008
- Midwest Reliability Organization, Reliability Assessment Committee, 2005 through 2008
- Nebraska Sub-regional Transmission Planning Group, 2000 through 2008
- Nebraska Power Association, Joint Planning Subcommittee, 2000 through 2008
- Nebraska Power Review Board, LB 901 Technical Committee, 2001 through 2008
- Southwest Power Pool Cost Allocation Working Group – Nebraska representative, March 2011-present
Professional Engineering Registration
- Kansas, 1999, License #15833
- Nebraska, 2000, License #9992
- Iowa, 2008, License #19210